GroundMate is a new ground protection system developed to preserve sensitive ground from medium to heavy weight machinery, vehicles and pedestrian traffic.
Manufactured from 100% recycled polyethylene, it is reusable – again and again – and is fully recyclable after use.
GroundMate is currently available in two formats:
GroundMate ground protection mats provide incredible value and efficient ground cover. Suitable for pedestrian and medium to heavy weight vehicular traffic. It is currently available in grey with an anti-slip tread pattern finish on one side and a ‘diamond embossed’ finish on the opposite side.
GroundMate LT (lite) is a thinner mat designed to provide highly effective cover for hard, firm and/or decorative surfaces that need protection from vehicles, such as forklift and cart traffic. It is lightweight, cost-effective, simple to install and requires no fixings. As it can be used repeatedly, it provides a more professional and cost effective solution than plywood.
Purpose made GroundMate products can be produced to suit ultra-heavy load vehicle applications (minimum order quantities apply).
- Extremely cost effective in use ( the UK’s best value ground protection mat)
- Protects property and grounds from damage
- Provides secure access for vehicles and pedestrians over soft ground
- Avoids the need for expensive aluminium or heavy duty systems
- Simple to transport, carry, lay and store
- Fixing solutions available or can be overlaid
- Made from 100% British recycled materials and 100% recyclable after use.
- Rot proof, water resistant and tough – a better and more sustainable option than wood
- Construction and civil engineering projects
- Utilities and infrastructure access
- Emergency access routes
- Outdoor events and festivals
- Temporary roadways and car parks
- Heritage sites
- National parks and gardens
- Golf courses & sports field maintenance projects
- Sports and leisure facilities
- Other ground works
GroundMate is supplied pre-drilled with holes to allow easy connection and fixing. The panels can be laid longitudinally and/or horizontally and can be connected using either specially developed 2-way and 4-way GroundMate connectors or standard ‘top hat’ connectors. Standard GroundMate panels can be easily lifted or dragged into position by two men using the pre-formed hand-holds. A ‘dragging hook’ is available to aid installation.
- Standard size - 2300 x 1220 mm (7.55’ x 4’)
- GroundMate Approx weight – 40 kgs
- GroundMate LT Approx weight – 17 kgs
- Successfully tested on vehicles up to 30 tonnes, subject to local ground conditions
- Colour - light grey
- Will not rot. Shelf life of 10 + years
- Durable in all weather conditions
- UK manufactured from 100% recycled polyethylene.
- 100% recyclable.
- Optional: 2 and 4-way connectors; top hat connectors; dragging hook