Bog Mat is manufactured from 100% recycled HDPE. It is designed for the creation of new ground conditions in areas where otherwise it would be unsuitable to work.
They are ideal for heavy plant machinery in boggy conditions, allowing access for vehicles and machinery in difficult terrain and can be used for static machinery such as cranes.
Working with Murphy Pipelines Ltd, National Grid has trialled Bog Mat for the last year on a large gas transmission pipeline construction Project.
“The Bog Mat has proved extremely robust, standing up to the various types of heavy plant machinery that have tracked across them daily during this time. They have also endured a severe test with a 60 tonne crane that has repeatedly rotated on the Bog Mat surface. National Grid is keen to reduce its reliance on non-renewable resources. The recycled plastic Bog Mats are a sustainable alternative to hardwood variants and National Grid has been extremely pleased with their performance.”--- Paul de Jong Sustainable Construction Manager - National Grid
- Helps meet your Corporate Social Responsibility targets
- Offers significant long term cost saving compared to timber
- Lasts up to four times longer than timber
- Ideal for very poor ground conditions
- Rot proof, water resistant, tough and durable
- Textured surface gives improved slip resistance
- Avoids costs of bogged down vehicles and 3rd party claims
- Weighs significantly less than timber equivalent
- Available in a range of bespoke sizes
- Sustainable alternative to hardwood variants
(based on standard size of 2300mm x 1000mm x 90mm)
- Weight approximately 150kg
- Successfully tested with a 60 tonne load
- Made from 100% recycled HDPE
Bog Mat Applications
Murphy Pipelines Ltd, National Grid trialling Bog Mats with Heavy Machinery in very heavy conditions.
Bog Mats being used to soften the meeting of tar and gravel road in the entrance to the site.
Murphy Pipelines Ltd, National Grid. Yes, there are Bog Mats under there, and without them the job would not have been completed.