TerraLOC is the modern answer to a very old problem – DUST – and is ideal for industry, construction, mining and military application.
TerraLOC Dust Suppression Solution
TerraLOC is a user-friendly, environmentally safe, dust abatement system that WORKS
- TerraLOC is a dust suppression product which locks soil & dust in its place.
- TerraLOC is a non-toxic, biodegradable, and environmentally safe dust abatement product.
- TerraLOC can be cleaned from unwanted surfaces with just water. It will not harm equipment even after it cures.
- TerraLOC is water-reactivating. This allows particles that have settled and ruts in the bound matrix to be locked down.
- TerraLOC reduces water needed to suppress dust. This results in eco-friendly cost savings.
TerraLOC is a solution of polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH) and additives. The solution is organic, bio-degradable, non-toxic and non-corrosive. TerraLOC has a slight amine odour, is beige in colour and penetrates the soil when used.
- Does not require pre-wetting, though adhesion properties will benefit from pre-wetting soils.
- Bio-degradable, unlike blanketing products.
- Invisible after the curing process.
- Soil penetration depths are a factor of viscosity, volume of solution and soil type.
- Equipment can be cleaned with hot or cold water, no additional cleaners are needed.
- Not hazardous to operators, vegetation or wildlife.
- Curing time ranges from 3 to 20 hours and is dependent on ambient temperature, soil moisture content, soil temperature and relative humidity.
- Dilution rates vary and require site assessment with desired result evaluation.
- Longevity of application is determined by land use.
- Recommended application temperature is above 21° C.
- Recommended storage temperature range between 10°-38° C.
- Product can be re-activated with water.
- Increases effectiveness of daily watering schedule saving fuel, manpower, $,and the environment.
- Captures dust which has migrated onto the treated area after the initial application.
- Repair cracks in treated area with water only.
TerraLOC Application Rates Dust Abatement And Erosion Control
|Use Rates||Gallon per Acre||Litre/Ha||Sqm per liter|
|Low Rate||High Rate||Low Rate||High Rate||Low Rate||High Rate|
|Helicopter Landing Pads||1,000||1,200||9,340||11,208||1.1||0.89|
|Heavy Haul Roads and Minin Roads||750||1,500||7,005||14,010||1.4||0.71|
|Military Convoy and Supply Roads||750||1,500||7,005||14,010||1.4||0.71|
|Landfill Capping and Reclamation||250||400||2,335||3,736||4.3||2.68|
|Material Stock Pile Dust Capping||250||600||2,335||5,604||4.3||1.78|
|Rail Car Capping||250||400||2,335||3,736||4.3||2.68|
|Hydroseed and Hydromulch Tackifier||50||100||467||934||21.4||10.71|
|Dust Control no traffic (30 Days)||75||100||701||934||14.3||10.71|
|Dust Control no traffic (90 Days)||100||200||934||1,868||10.7||5.35|
|Dust Control no traffic (6 Months)||200||400||1.868||3,736||5.4||2.68|
|Golf Course Cart Paths||150||300||1.401||2,802||7.1||3.57|